Join Will Burrard-Lucas and David Lloyd in the Masai Mara for the greatest wildlife spectacle on Earth… the Great Migration!
We will have the opportunity to photograph vast herds of wildebeest as they cross the crocodile-infested waters of the Mara River. We will also see plenty of Africa’s iconic big cats including lions, leopards and cheetahs. Finally, elephants and, if we’re lucky a black rhino, will also be on the agenda.
We will be staying in a private luxury mobile camp in the heart of the reserve. Our camp is situated right on the banks of the Mara River, next to one of the main wildebeest crossing points so there is a very good chance that we will see crossings while we are in camp.
This tour caters to photographers of levels of ability and experience. If you are looking to improve your photographic skills, David and I will be on hand to provide expert tuition and give you helpful hints and tips. If you are already a proficient photographer, this is your chance to travel with a group of like-minded people, and of course return home with some fantastic photographs.
Highlights of this trip include:
- Both David and myself have extensive experience in the Masai Mara and of photographing African wildlife.
- We are staying in a luxury private camp and we will have it completely to ourselves!
- We’re in a prime location within the reserve, close to the main wildebeest crossing points.
- There will be only two photographers per standard vehicle, or three per six seat vehicle.
- We have organised ground transportation for luggage within Kenya, which allows you to travel within international flight weight restrictions.
- We will have iMac workstation access in the camp with preloaded photo software.
- You may even get to see BeetleCam in action ; )
We have the camp booked for three consecutive 8-day blocks. You can therefore join us for 8 days, 16 days or all 24 days! I will definitely be around for the first two blocks but there is a chance it will only be David for the last 8-days.
- 26th July – 2nd August 2012
- 3rd August – 10th August 2012
- 11th August – 18th August 2012
- £3,360 – eight days
- £6,160 – sixteen days
- £8,460 – twenty four days
- Nairobi Serena Hotel stay,
- Flights to and from the Masai Mara from Wilson airport
- All airport transfers
- Ground transportation of luggage
- Accommodation and all meals at Entim Camp
- Hire of vehicles and guides for game drives and park fees
- Local alcoholic beverages at camp
Cost does not include:
- International flights from UK
- Kenya visa ($50)
- Alcoholic beverages at Serena, and non-local alcoholic beverages at camp
- Tips and gratuities for camp staff and guides